Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One down!

One of the goals for Huey in the next month just got accomplished today! I thought it would be a bit of a task to get H-man to cooperatively lunge in the outdoor but I was wrong. Today was beautiful so I decided to lunge outside. Why not? I hate wasting away in that tight little indoor. He was a star! I think he was actually better. There was more space for him to actually move. He picked up the canter much better today. Our biggest struggle is continuing after we canter. For some reason he has it set in his mind that after we canter, he is done. He only gave a little fuss. All he really does is stop and stand there when I say 'whoa'. It takes a little encouragement to trot again before we are completely finished. I think in his mind he knows he already walked, trotted, and cantered so why does he need to trot again.





I decided today he has his first show debut in the third week of April at the Aiken Spring Classic. Well, not really "show" but he is going to tag along. They have a really nice extra large round pen with great footing and a tall surrounding fence. I have been eying it and decided it is the perfect starter ring. Plus it is always so warm in Aiken. The money will be worth it. There will be a lot going on, a lot for him to become exposed to and I think the perfect place for him to get started. Even if I just ride him one day and lunge the rest, it will be good for him to see what his future will entail and get out to see new things!

Today was a great day at the farm. One of the horses was buck wild and almost killed me. I found it entertaining and of course no one saw! But besides that it was just so pretty out. Here are a few pictures!

Shiva, our mascot goat. She thinks shes a dog! Shes a little crazy.

Many of you probably know this little filly. Baby Olivia (and Lilo). This is PRICELESS.

Ashley and Friday jumping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment